Saturday, September 6, 2008

Photoshop World - Days 2 & 3

Photoshop World was quite the experience (Vegas is a pretty interesting place too). I was able to sit in on a handful of presentations before and after the Tech Expo on Friday.

- Saw Joe Glyda's class on shooting food for commercial. The big thing to take away... Backlight! Backlight! Backlight (and use reflectors)!

- I heard multiple instructors state variations on 'There isn't a main sun, and a fill sun, and a kicker sun and a background sun. There's only one sun. I only use one light.' Sound advice. I know when I introduce multiple lights, I tend to also be adding multiple problems to fix.

- I also got the opportunity to meet Jim Divitale, who has been shooting and traveling the country teaching photography longer than I have been alive. I quickly came to respect him pretty quickly and looking through his food photography portfolio only confirmed my suspicions. I might just have to try some food photography of myself one of these weekends.

- We also got some heads up on other new products from our vendors coming down the pipeline. Keep checking back her for updates on that when we get firm information!

No comments: